Sunday, October 14, 2012

Christmas Hearts Card

Hey there crafty folks, today's card is another Christmas card, I've never made anything Christmas-y before Thanksgiving and I'm kind of digging it.  The sketch I was working with today just screamed "ornaments" to me, so that's where I went with it (sort of!).  I love the color Cherry Cobbler from SU and their matching twine is awesome.  It ties really nice, and I've been having issues with other brands lately where they get all twisty, come unraveled or won't lay down and play nice when tied in a bow.  Not OK!  Here it is:


I used SU Crumb Cake cardstock to make the mantel and punched it with my Fiskars postage stamp edge punch. Thank you baker's twine for playing nice today! (I'm not the only one who talks to their supplies, right?) I added glossy accents to the little hearts and faux stitching to "hang" them with a white gel pen.  I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder so it would stand out against the red.



This card is for two challenges, I was working another fun sketch from the Retro Sketches Challenge.


Over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge the theme this week is "Put your heart into it."  Hearts hearts everywhere! I'm all for it.


Thanks for stopping to look!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we must have been thinking alike! Yours is super cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Love the hearts and the white embossing on the cherry cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rich colours and I love heart ornaments at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Christmas card ~ great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute -- great combination of the challenges! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete