Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hello Sunshine

Hello Sunshine! It's a beautiful fall day complete with sunshine and a cool breeze.  I love this time of year. It's a great day for a bright and cheery card.




Today's card is inspired by the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  I found this site a while back and immediately ordered some cute Paper Smooches stamps so I could play along, and I've been waiting for them to come in the mail.  I decided I couldn't stand to wait any longer and I wanted to make a card (like NOW) so I decided to use some of their free digis.  Thanks for the freebies!  The challenge was to use a cool color scheme, and I used another great sketch from Retro Sketches.  Halfway through making the card I realized that my flags were going to hang off the edge of my card.  Must have been my subconscious saying I should play in the CAS-ual Fridays "Over the Edge" challenge this week too.  Alright subsconcious, I will!

Anyone else have trouble with some cards just not wanting to stand up and be photographed? I have a question for all you crafty ladies out there.  Can someone tell me what those little spiky round things that hold your card up are called?  I want one and I'm not having any luck searching the web for "spikey round things that hold your card up" strange, right?  I know you crafty pros will help!

Check out the fun at these awesome challenge sites:






Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Look at you getting all crafty with THREE challenges! Super cute!
    PS...I don't know what the round spikey things are called either, but I to have a bag full of little easel stands if you would like a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing along in our Over the Edge challenge. It's a very special week for us here at CAS-ual Fridays, and I hope you're enjoying all the sneak peeks :)
    ~hugs~
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH! This is amazing! I LOVE that the sun is holding the sentiment/flag! FUN! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ps....that spiky thing is called a flower frog. You can get them super cheap on the internet. You can also use different adhesives to help your card stand straight--I used to use glue sticks/etc. and that would warp my card. I think your card looks like it's straight in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind words and the info! This one wasn't the one that was giving me trouble :)

      Delete
  4. Glad your subconscious said to join us at CAS-ual Fridays this week as your card is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable is the sun? Love it. Thanks for playing with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete