Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Break Up Card (for dudes)

Today I did something for the very first time.... I made a Break Up card.   It's for an important guy in my life who could use a little pick-me-up right now.   The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week is to make a masculine card, so I thought this would be a perfect excuse to try my hand at a new "genre" of cards. (And hopefully cheer someone up too!)

It took me a while to come up with just the right sentiment.  I knew I would be making my own with some alphabet stamps because I've never seen a stamp set for this particular "occasion".  Some of the sentiments I considered were "it's not you, it's her" and "she never even made you a mixed tape" (ha, it made me laugh, but not sure it's funny to anyone else, lol).  The whole idea is pretty tongue-in-cheek, the intent is to make the recipient smile and you definitely don't want to make them feel worse!  Here's what I decided to go with:


I used SU Midnight Muse card stock for the base, and Crumb Cake for the heart.  Then I added some tone-on-tone details with some Midnight Muse ink.  I embossed the letters in white and cut up the heart, crumpled it and stapled it back together with black staples. 



Dare I say it was kind of fun?  Who hasn't felt at some point that their heart was all smooshed and needed to be put back together? It's not a feeling you get to express much in card-making so it was fun to think outside the box on this one, even if the reason is a bit sad.  

Well, I hope it does its job and makes my pal smile.  Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. This card is AWESOME!!! Sad that you had to make a card for this occasion, but I'm guessing it will cheer him up :) Love the CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Super special when the recepient knows it was made exactly for them. Your friend will really appreciated this. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card. Sorry that you have to give it, but i'm sure it will be so appreciated. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete