Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Retro Sketches 39 & The Friday Mashup 86

Here's a card inspired by the two challenges I chose for my crafty friend Bree at Craft-somnia Momma and myself to take a crack at this week.  We tackled the Retro Sketches #39 and The Friday Mashup!

Here's what I came up with after tossing my first attempt and starting over a few days later :)



The Friday Mashup challenge was to make a Christmas card with a non-Christmas stamp set or non-tradional images.  This was a lot harder than it sounded at first.  I used a geometric background stamp and used clear glitter embossing powder. The bow is a cut file from the Silhouette store. The tag is Basic Grey.



Here's the inspiration we were working with:



Thanks for looking, have a great and creative day!



7 comments:

  1. I love this! A geometric background works perfect, and your bow is so fun! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the bow and the sparkling embossong. Way to "just keep stamping". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embosses geometric background is awesome, I love the way it looks. That bow is so pretty also!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Embossed...please excuse my horrible typing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your embossed background is fabulous and that bow is a perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete