Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pinch Me!

...Because I must be dreaming...

Today I became the October Headliner over at Retro Sketches!  I just about fell out of my chair when Arielle asked me.  I'm super excited to be creating with such an amazing design team at one of my favorite challenges for an entire month, so here goes!

She sketched THIS CARD for this week's challenge.   Here's my retake:


I knew I wanted to use washi tape again and have an element "bursting" out from behind like the original, but it took me a few tries before I decided to see if I could use rows of washi tape and trim them to look like the bricks in a fireplace.  I think that little flame guy on a log is so darn cute, he's perfect for a fireplace.


Here's the sketch this week:



I hope you all play along, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!  Thanks for stopping by, and keep it crafty!








Supplies:
Stamp Set: Cozy Christmas (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: Real Red, Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Patterned Papers: 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc: Red chevron washi tape, Stardust Stickles, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (SU!)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you friend!!! What a treat for all of us to see your amazing creations featured at Retro Sketches all month! You rock sister! Love the Washi bricks and cut little fire guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!!!!!!
    Love to visit your blog!!!
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    Congrats on becoming the October headliner! Thanks for your lovely comment on my take of your fab sketch. As soon as I saw your card and layout I was inspired, love the Washi brickwork and the little fire guy - so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete