Monday, August 18, 2014

Merry Monday #122 - Black, Gold and Silver

Hey everyone, it's Monday and that means time for another fun challenge at Merry Monday!  This week's theme is to make a Christmas card using Black, Gold and Silver.  My card this week was inspired by this gorgeous card by Pam Sparks - after I saw this card and some other beauties I just had to have this stamp set.    Here's my version:


Here's the inspiration photo:


You can see all the details and gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.  Or stop by their blogs and give them some love:

Katie Melhus (you're here!)

and our Featured Designer for August:

Jen Mitchell

I can't wait to see everyone's entries in the gallery this week, I'm always so impressed with all of the creations.

Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!



Supplies:
Stamps: Winter Wreath (Avery Elle)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Silver Glimmer (SU)
Ink: Versamark
Misc: Gold and Silver Embossing powder, gold sequins 

16 comments:

  1. Stunning! a very dramatic card Katie, I love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, your card is so elegant, love all your design elements, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, like this challenge, may be I can join this afther my holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegantly gorgeous, Katie! Love that wreath and the simple layering! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Katie with the black-on-black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool sketch and your images are wonderful.....love that big gold bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. trying again! Gorgeous Katie! I wanted to share my card from Aug. 1st with you too…in kraft and red! Avery Elle Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this Katie! Stunning in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wreath is just stunning, Katie and that angled piece is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Christmas Card! You have the perfect balance of silver and gold glimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Katie! I love how you combined the silver and gold and the clusters of gold sequins are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie, this is sensational! Love your use of sequins for "berries" - a work of art! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Katie! Just love this wreath and all the sparkle you added! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie your card is stunning and oh so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. *swoon* Katie this card is phenomenal. 'nuff said

    ReplyDelete